Skip to content

Youth Round-up: 7s and KCS Wimbledon

Our younger sportsmen have enjoyed a typically busy week – the footballers faced KCS Wimbledon, while the rugby players have been in 7s action after the standard season drew to a close.


U14s secure plate victory with final win over hosts Warwick

The team Hampton very early but in high spirits after success last weekend in Wellington.

The first match was against Finborough, a new opposition for the team, then Solihull – a very strong side we’d lost to in the past. Unfortunately, the team fell to disappointing losses in both games.

The last group game was more successful, resulting in a win against Wimbledon College, securing third position in the group.

The team progressed through the semi-final with a win and met the hosts, Warwick, in the final. The u14s had already played them this season at 15s and had suffered a close loss. The match was close, but Hampton came through, winning 21-19.

By Cameron Hill

U14s compete well to finish 3rd in Surrey 7s

The team begin with a comfortable win over City of London Freemen’s School, coming out victors with a 31-5 scoreline. Tbe U14s followed this with a 17-5 win over Glyn, before a strong performance and 33-7 victory over Claremont Fan Court.

Epsom were the team’s next opponents, and unfortunately, despite a battling performance, they lost 21-10.

The u14s progressed through as second in their group to meet KCS Wimbledon, who had qualified as the top seeds in the entire competition.

Battle-hardened from their game against Epsom, the team played some excellent Rugby to win 14-7, which sent them through to the top half of the Cup competition along with Wimbledon College and Whitgift.

The clash against Wimbledon College was a difficult one, and the team were unfortunate to lose 21-14. Despite the final result, it was a strong showing, and finishing 3rd in Surrey is a fine achievement.

By Cameron Hill

3rd Years triumph in Ibstock Place 7s despite strong competition

The team began well, winning their first three matches (against Radnor, Grey Court, and ACS) without conceding a try.

Next was Tiffin, which again was won, but frustratingly for the team they conceded two tries.

In the semi-final the U14s met the hosts – Ibstock – and won convincingly.

The final was against Gunnersbury – a strong rugby side with big and fast runners in the team. The team knew from the outset of the tournament they would be the side to beat. The U14s were composed and stuck to the game plan they’d been coached, and the team secured a well-deserved tournament victory with a 28-0 victory.

By Cameron Hill


U14Cs beat KCS Wimbledon with fluid display

After a long break since their previous match before half term, the U14c team were eager and ready to face their next opponents – KCS.

The game kicked off, and due to high pressure on their defence, Lucas Pullinger managed to grab an early goal.

The team managed to maintain this streak, making pinpoint passes that dissected the defence, and as a result a goal came from Kyan Soni to double the lead.

Play continued, with KCS improving throughout, making it harder for the team to further their lead, however a long shot saw the ball whip into the far bottom corner.

Half time came round, and the score was 3–0 in Hampton’s favour.

The second-half saw a more even battle, with some fantastic acrobatic saves from the goalkeeper to ensure a clean sheet, and after a dramatic ending with the opponent scrapping to get a goal back, the scoreline remained the same: 3–0 to Hampton.

By Ollie Lycett

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: