Skip to content

Dominant away performance at Wellington sees U15Cs win 5-1

By Alastair White

A warm but windy day was the setting for Hampton’s away match against Wellington College, with the U15Cs looking to win their second game of the week following an 11-0  win in the match against Eaton Square Upper School.

After winning the toss, Wellington kicked of and kept possession well for the opening 5 minutes. The game was tight in the opening stages, with both sides defending well, however it looked like Hampton had the edge early on. The home side had a strong midfield, however the U15Cs responded well with some tenacious tackling.

As the first half progressed, the ball was reaching the wings a lot more for the visitors and crosses began entering the Wellington College box, with right-winger Fahad Hussain missing a possible opportunity, hooking his shot onto the near post.

However the constant pressure on Wellington College’s goal finally turned into a goal as on form striker, Henry Forster perfectly placed the ball into the bottom corner of the net, from the edge of the box. A lovely finish from Forster.

However he wasn’t done there, as just two minutes later he picked up a pass from midfielder Thomas Davies, and hit a powerful shot to the near post of Wellington College’s net. The goalkeeper was left stranded.

Hampton were relentless in their attack and continued to press on. After some particularly aggressive pressing, the whole team caused the Wellington defence to make a mistake and Davies, after setting up one goal, was ready and waiting to score one for himself. A composed first touch placed him in a great position to release a brilliant shot into the roof of Wellington’s net.

Towards the end of the first half, to put the icing on the cake, a brilliant run from Dimitri T and a cracking effort into the top right corner left Hampton 4-0 up going in to the break.

As the second half kicked off, Wellington College came flying out of the blocks, with a good attack almost ending in a shooting opportunity if not for defender Freddie Hunt. The second half was a more closely fought battle than the first, with chances coming few and far between for both teams. However, a sudden break and some good passing play from Hampton, gave Forster his second hat-trick in two games.

For the rest of the second half, Wellington College controlled the game more but with no real final product, until the last five minutes. The home side slipped a ball behind the Hampton defence and the striker passed the ball into the net. 5-1 to Hampton.

A good performance from Hampton again and another special performance from striker Forster.

Leave a Reply